Friday 2 December 2011

A challenger appears!

I've been working on a game too, so I'm here to claim my prize! I call it GRAV:BEAT (formerly known as Stuts 2) and it's the sequel to a game I made many years ago but never released mainly because I wasn't happy with the performance. But since then a lot has happened on the Flash platform and we now have GPU-accelerated graphics through Stage3D, so when NaGaDeMon came up I decided to give it another go. The goals I set up for this game was to create a fast-paced game using the Starling framework with lots of special effects running at 60 fps. Oh! And with ball physics!

Hopefully this game will be released sometime in the not-too-distant future. This is what's left to do:
  • It needs more levels! I'm designing them with Inkscape so it's a quite nice experience :)
  • More features! I want to introduce new gameplay elements as you progress through the levels so that the player is curious to see what's next and keeps playing.
  • Some other stuff..
The game is running in Flash and is intended to be played on a computer with a keyboard. It will have highscores and ads from Mochi. When (if?) the game is finished for the primary platform I might look into porting it to mobile devices as well.

It actually feels like I'm really close to finishing the game, so stay tuned! Let's make this December a game design month too! :) All right! Let's go!

2 comments:

  1. Sir! You are most definitely a winner! And as one of the select few that has play-tested the game: I can say it is an awesome fast paced game with great visuals and purposeful audiovisual feedback. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! :) Good luck with the finishing!

    ReplyDelete